- That’s a PERIOD, NOT A COMMA
- That’s a COMMA, NOT A PERIOD
- Why the hell can’t you pronounce that word?
- THE TEACHER JUST CORRECTED YOU WHY’D YOU GET IT WRONG AGAIN?!?!?!
- Can I sleep?
- If you can’t read, why’d you raise your hand?
- You can’t pronounce THAT word?
- WHAT THE HELL
- The fuck you like long ass paragraphs for
- My skin’s crawling
- Oh god not him, his voice sounds like a dying nail on a dying chalkboard
- You skipped a line
- LOL what was that?
- I don’t even.
Illuminating Quotes, Visualised – Part VI
James Baldwin is perhaps my favourite quotist. He has said far too many profound, insightful, and mind-flipping things to be considered just an author. Although his books are very good – particularly The Fire Next Time. And he knows what books are actually about;
“You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read.”
I smiled at him and I hoped it was the kind of smile that informed a stranger that you cared for them even if you did not know them.